Today, we the devotees of Yogoda Satsanga Dhyana Kendra – Mumbai have a golden opportunity to establish Guruji's work in Mumbai on a secure and permanent foundation.
This is a landmark moment in the history of YSS Mumbai Kendra, as two of the three remaining owners of the Aashirwad Building (YSS Kendra) have offered to sell their apartments to us. This offer is a blessing in disguise and a chance not to be missed.
Therefore, we are looking for your help to support our efforts towards acquiring these remaining apartments in the Kendra building.
We need to raise around Rs.10 Crores in this short period.
Further, once the premises are entirely owned by YSS, we can redevelop the space as per our needs. In the General Body Meeting held on June 9th 2019, all the participants unanimously agreed to the proposal of acquiring both the flats.
Please note that the flats are available to us for purchase only for a limited period of time, after which they may not be available.
Challenges we face due to limited space at YSS Mumbai Kendra
1. We can only accommodate a limited number of devotees during commemoration functions and monastic tours.
2. The increase in Kendra's spiritual and outreach activities require additional space.
3. Considering the anticipated growth in the number of YSS devotees in the coming years, it is but certain that we will need a much larger space to cater not only to our short-term needs but to our long-term ones as well.
Here are few photos that show the problems we are facing due to limited space.
Unable to view photos below? Open in new window
Future plans for YSS Mumbai Kendra
1. Redesign the space to have suitable seating for meditation in the Dhyana Mandir.
2. To create dedicated spaces for book room, library, storage, administrative office, monastic quarters, fellowship hall, and dining facilities
3. To further the spiritual activities of YSS such as childrens’ satsangas, youth programmes, etc.; and also to render charitable service for the needy in the locality.
4. Establish a sound platform for YSS in the western region of India to support the growth of Guruji’s work.
Mumbai Kendra makes a difference in many lives
A devotee has said that "Whenever I enter Mumbai Kendra and see the beautiful picture of Gurudeva, with his hands upraised in blessing, I feel the world fade away, and the welcoming arms of my Guru encompassing my entire being - bringing immense stillness and peace."
Besides YSS devotees, Mumbai Kendra has seen a variety of people enter it's premises. Irrespective of what path they follow or which walk of life they come from, the unanimous feeling expressed by them has been - "In a bustling and fast-paced city like Mumbai, this place is a haven for inner rejuvenation."
Donations to Yogoda Satsanga Society of India (PAN: AAATY0283H) are Income Tax deductible under Section 80-G of the Income Tax Act, 1961
For online donations:
You may make a donation online via our secure payment gateway -
Please enter your complete postal address as the Mumbai Kendra will be sending receipts by post to this address.
For any technical support or issue, please contact Shekhar 9322079612 or Abhijit 9833004851
For offline donations:
Kindly fill in the Donation Advice, and send it along with the Cheque in favour of "Yogoda Satsanga Society of India - Mumbai".
In the past, Mumbai devotees have generously come forward and contributed towards several noble causes of YSS. Today too, we are seeking your spiritual and financial support in helping us acquire these two additional flats.
This is an earnest appeal to all of you Yogodans. Each contribution, however small, will provide for that one special brick which is needed to support and cement Guruji’s work.
Paramahansaji said: “All of you who wish to offer much needed help now or in the future, I bless. To cooperate in God-reminding work is to cooperate consciously with God Himself.”
May you feel Gurudeva's blessings uniting you ever more closely with the Divine Beloved.
In divine friendship,
Yogoda Satsanga Dhyana Kendra – Mumbai
PS - In case the proposed acquisition of the properties doesn’t materialize now for any reason, then the contributions will be used for their purchase in future - as and when they become available, subject to approval by the YSS Board.